Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bike school day 6.

Today I brazed my chain stays in place. It was a tricky operation. I had to pick an arbitrary point on the seat tube on the drawing and triangulate using an imaginary chain stay line to find the rear axle placement. I then had to trim the chain stays and miter them to fit in the bottom bracket. It's this miter point where yesterday's error took place. I took extra care and they came out beautifully.

With the chain stays in place, It was time to begin work on the seat stays. I got them trimmed to the perfect length so I can begin mitering them tomorrow. This is a decorative miter I won't try to describe without pictures. That will be tomorrow.

I had to wait a half hour for a jig to become available for my chain stay brazing. I used the time to wander over to the mechanic school side of campus and take some photos. I also took some photos of other frame building students working and their frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment