Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bike school day 4.

Today I brazed the front drop outs. They came out awesome. I am very happy. During my first braze of a water bottle boss on Monday I was so nervous I was shaking like a leaf. I had no confidence. In three days I have developed some good heat control and don't worry about blowing through a tube anymore. I have to thank Tony for that. I can't believe this is his first attempt at teaching. If I didn't know, I'd assume he's taught hundreds. He is a natural. His last name is Pereira. Here is a link to his sight. Check it out he makes some beautiful bikes.

http://www.pereiracycles.com/

Tomorrow I will finish the fork by brazing the crown and steerer tube. Then we will begin constructing the front triangle. This is when the frame begins to take shape.

I am exhausted. I am being challenged like I can't remember. I am having the educational experience of a lifetime. Sorry NCSA; your a close second.

I had illusions of wandering Portland after class each day. Impossible. After getting dinner and putting up photos and a blog, I'm spent. As much as I'd like to keep going till completion without a break, I'm looking forward to the weekend off. We need it and Tony definitely needs it. There is only one of me but he has to deal with eight of us. He gives so much of himself. I will never forget him.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment